Go for Zucker! (Alles auf Zucker!)
- theatrical release 2005-01-06
- director Dani Levy
- script Dani Levy and Holger Franke
- producer Manuela Stehr
- cast Henry Hübchen, Hannelore Elsner, Udo Samel, Golda Tencer, Steffen Groth, Anja Franke, Sebastian Blomberg, Elena Uhlig, Rolf Hoppe, Inga Busch, Renate Krössner u.v.a.
The former East German sports reporter, Jaecki Zucker, is the consummate loser. With his marriage on the rocks, his children not speaking to him, and his business in financial ruins, there is only one thing this disillusioned Jew has going for him-billiards. However, as fate would have it, on the very weekend he can win the European Pool Championship and get out of debt for good, he is forced to bury his very orthodox mother. To make matters worse, the conditions of her testament not only stipulate Zucker reconciling with his estranged brother, but for his entire family to observe the conventions of "kosher life", if the lovable loser hopes to claim his share of the inheritance.
- production company X Filme Creative Pool GmbH
- editorial WDR: Barbara Buhl | BR: Bettina Ricklefs | ARTE: Andreas Schreitmüller
- dop Risa Kes
- production design Niki Reiser
- costume design Christian M. Goldbeck