Agnes and his brothers (Agnes und seiner Brüder)
- theatrical release 2004-10-14
- director Oskar Roehler
- script Oskar Roehler
- producer Stefan Arndt
- cast Martin Weiß, Moritz Bleibtreu, Herbert Knaup, Katja Riemann, Tom Schilling, Susan Anbeh, Vadim Glowna, Margit Carstensen, Lee Daniels, Marie Zielcke, Oliver Korittke, Martin Semmelrogge, Martin Feifel, Sven Martinek
Three brothers in search of happiness: Hans-Jörg is a sex-addicted librarian who chases young female students. Werner is a successful career politician whose family is falling apart: his wife rejects him and his son uses every occasion he can to test his father's limits. Agnes, in turn, drifts through the night as a dancer in clubs. Bound by their unquenchable yearning for love and acceptance, the three siblings have embarked on a journey to find what they have longed for all their lives: happiness...
Director Oskar Roehler (Die Unberührbare, Der alte Affe Angst) has created a profoundly human family drama: a story full of passion, poetry and humor about three brothers searching for love and acceptance. At the same time, it is a fascinating snapshot of the current state of affairs in Germany. AGNES AND HIS BROTHERS is great, authentic cinema with a top-notch cast featuring Moritz Bleibtreu (The Experiment, run lola run), Herbert Knaup (Distant Lights), Katja Riemann (Rosenstrasse) and, as Agnes, stunning new talent Martin Weiss.
- production company X Filme Creative Pool GmbH
- editorial WDR: Wolf-Dietrich Brücker | BR: Bettina Reitz | ARTE: Andreas Schreitmüller
- dop Carl. F. Koschnick
- production design Sabine Rudolph
- costume design Lucia Faust